Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Hotel & Private Guide Recommendations

• chantelita

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2010

Hi,

My boyfriend & I will be visiting Laos in late June into early July of this year. We are looking for hotel recs in the $20-$40 range in Vientiane, Vang Vieng, and Luang Prabang.
    Also, if there were any other super special hotels that anyone has stayed at anywhere else in the country, we'd love to hear about it, as our itinerary is not set in stone just yet.

Also, we've used private guides (with transportation) before in Bali, Vietnam & Cambodia and really liked the option. Does anyone have any recommendations of good companies that might exist for this?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 2/5/2010 - 11:44

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Luang Prabang - Thatsaphone Villa
    Vang Vieng - Domo River Hotel (great river views) or Inthira Hotel (further from river, but quieter)
    Vientiane - Lao Silk hotel

all are about $25 USD.

#2 Posted: 2/5/2010 - 14:48

• catcompare

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2010

I would ask the 4 star phone Novotel Vientiane on:
    Tel:(+856)21/213570/1 or
    E-mail: resvn-novotelvte@etllao.com

Their list price is $50 you can negotiate a v good discount if you plan to stay more than one night

#3 Posted: 2/5/2010 - 19:30

• NickyJas

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Chantelita,
    My boyfriend and I just came back from holiday in Laos. We had a very great time and have good friends from our trip. We had a person as a private guide to advise and arrange for us before we went there. If you are intersted and have a good trip like use. I suggest the best person you can contact is Ms. Maithong, her email address is m_kitty1@hotmail.com. She is a nice and trustworthy person. Her English is very good. She was our guide and arranged our whole trip during our time in Laos.

#4 Posted: 2/5/2010 - 22:05

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Vientiane, Souphophone guest house opposite the Hare and Hounds Pub for about 20 a night with very nice large rooms. Or if you would like a pool I would recommend the Villa Manoly, a restored french colonial mansion in a quiet location, for abut 30. Vayakorn Hotel is also good. The Novotel is quite a way from the centre of town, and is far more than $40.00 anyway.

Vang Vieng, Thavounsouk bungalows

Luang Prabang. Riverside Hotel. This is on the Nam Khan side, a far better location than the other side, quieter and more relaxed.

#5 Posted: 3/5/2010 - 09:53

• chantelita

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2010

Thank you all so much! I'll explore these recommendations! ( :

#6 Posted: 3/5/2010 - 11:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hoi An/Da Nang Private Guide ... By ebfried on 5 Apr 2014 0 184 5 Apr 2014
looking for a private guide in Laos ... By Junie on 23 Mar 2010 1 2880 24 Mar 2010
Hanoi in Dec - Van+Driver or private tour with guide ... By pekyao on 21 Oct 2007 10 3734 1 Nov 2007
Private English Speaking Travel Guide in Ko Phangan ... By gilandeitan on 30 Jun 2012 1 1337 2 Jul 2012