Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Vientiane accomodation

Posted by ventotene58 on 7/7/2010 at 16:59

Hi all
I'll arrive in Vientiane the next 5 august by fly at 20:30about, can you recommend me some good and cheap guesthouse in the centre, but with facilities like aircon, private bathroom, fridge??
Thanks in advance

#1 ventotene58 has been a member since 5/7/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by svendj on 7/7/2010 at 20:35

check http://www.travelfish.org/map_detail/laos/vientiane_and_surrounds/vientiane/vientiane/75[url]

the real basic map of vientianne, you will see Nokeo Khoumane street, there are some good guesthouses around. If I go I always stay in nr 16, Mixay guesthouse: serves free breakfast as well and free snacks and coffee all day long. Had a great experience with them a couple of times already, really friendly people and always ready to help you. Aircon rooms are mostly booked but you might check it out as the fan rooms are really ok as well.

around nr 17 are some nice hotels as well with good aircon rooms and really clean (also they have good accomodation provided for when you would like to go to Vang Vieng or Luang Prabang by mini bus instead of the main local bus)

#2 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Where has svendj been? 

Posted by stoneman on 15/7/2010 at 20:47

There are various travel websites to research apart from this one re accom. and reviews eg travellerspoint.com; tripadvisor.com; virtualtourist.com. I will be in Vientiene next month and intend to stay at Wonderland 2 Guest House,next to That Dam,next to a bar called Blue Bananas,double,a/c,tv,fridge,$15/4-600B. I think this cost was in 2009. Only came across this GH through travel blogs and the reviews were very very positive. Good enough for me. My 2nd preference - Syri 2 GH.

#3 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.