Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Vientiane accomodation

• ventotene58

Joined Travelfish
    5th July, 2010

Hi all
    I'll arrive in Vientiane the next 5 august by fly at 20:30about, can you recommend me some good and cheap guesthouse in the centre, but with facilities like aircon, private bathroom, fridge??
    Thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 7/7/2010 - 16:59

• Advertisement

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

check http://www.travelfish.org/map_detail/laos/vientiane_and_surrounds/vientiane/vientiane/75[url]

the real basic map of vientianne, you will see Nokeo Khoumane street, there are some good guesthouses around. If I go I always stay in nr 16, Mixay guesthouse: serves free breakfast as well and free snacks and coffee all day long. Had a great experience with them a couple of times already, really friendly people and always ready to help you. Aircon rooms are mostly booked but you might check it out as the fan rooms are really ok as well.

around nr 17 are some nice hotels as well with good aircon rooms and really clean (also they have good accomodation provided for when you would like to go to Vang Vieng or Luang Prabang by mini bus instead of the main local bus)

#2 Posted: 7/7/2010 - 20:35

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

There are various travel websites to research apart from this one re accom. and reviews eg travellerspoint.com; tripadvisor.com; virtualtourist.com. I will be in Vientiene next month and intend to stay at Wonderland 2 Guest House,next to That Dam,next to a bar called Blue Bananas,double,a/c,tv,fridge,$15/4-600B. I think this cost was in 2009. Only came across this GH through travel blogs and the reviews were very very positive. Good enough for me. My 2nd preference - Syri 2 GH.

#3 Posted: 15/7/2010 - 20:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.