Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Overnight Stop between LP an Vientaine

• teamika

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

I will be traveling from LP to Vientaine in February. I would like to break up the bus ride somewhere other than VV. Any suggestions? I just need a quiet bit of scenery and not much else. Or somewhere within reasonable hike/bike of VV? Thanks

#1 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 06:00

• Advertisement

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

in the LPB > VTE direction:

1. Phou Khoun
    a few basic GHs (cold water scoop/bucket shower) in town, one nicer more expensive GH a few KMs south in Ban Bangkalo.

2. Bor Nam Oun - see here:
    http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1848909

3. Kasi
    a few GHs.

somewhere between #1 & #2, there's Phiengfa restaurant at a spot with great view of the scenery on clear days.

#2 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 08:17

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

There is not really much in any of those places. I would stay in Vang Vieng.

#3 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 11:54

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

that's really interesting, since i don't think Rufus is VV's biggest fan!

why not just press on and go all the way to Vientiane? it is only a few hours more. book one of those big, fluffy VIP buses out of LP. the trip will be quicker and more comfy.

if you do stop off at one of the places mentioned by wanderingcat, will you please write up something about it? i'd love to hear about the experience. cheers.

#4 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 22:03

• teamika

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

Thanks so much, some good leads here. I have time to break up the ride so I might as well find some new place. I will absolutely post about it when I get back.

#5 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 22:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
good place for overnight stop near Bangok airport ... By sayadian on 18 Aug 2011 1 2160 18 Aug 2011