Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Camera shop in Vientiane

• bails87

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2010

I'll cut to the chase: I got drunk and I lost my camera! :(

However, I'm going toVientiane tomorrow morning, is there a decent choice of electronics shops? Or a 'main' mall or something like that to go to, because I'd like to get a replacement as soon as possible. I'm guessing it's not going to be like the choice I'd have in Bangkok, but it'll have to do.

Thanks in advance,
    Bails

#1 Posted: 6/11/2010 - 22:50

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

I would suggest 2 places.
    1) In The Morning Market Mall, on the ground floor, just before you get to all the phone shops, there is a place that has a good variety of cameras, genuine, not fake. As you walk to the phone shops, it is on the right hand side.
    2) K Plaza in Dong Palan is a very large electrical goods shop. They also sell cameras.

#2 Posted: 7/11/2010 - 08:19

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Near the Namphou (fountain) at the bottom of Pankham road look for the bright green Fuji place next door to Phimphone market. Good selection of digital cameras in there with decent pocketsize starting around 1million kip.

photo of it here

#3 Posted: 9/11/2010 - 10:23

• bails87

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2010

Thanks guys, I ended up going to one just on the other side of Lane Xan from K Plaza, wasn't any cheaper than it would have been at home, but K Plaza was the same, the market didn't have any of the ones I wanted and the Fujifilm place was shut.

Cheers,
    Bails

#4 Posted: 9/11/2010 - 10:53

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Well at least you got your camera.

#5 Posted: 9/11/2010 - 12:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Panasonic camera repair in Vientiane ... By PaulJohann on 22 Dec 2013 0 364 22 Dec 2013