Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Birthday dinner in Luang Prabang

• roverinexile

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2006

Been reading the Luang Prabang eat and meet guide - very helpful. When we reach LP in January, it will be my wife's birthday. I'd like to take her out for a meal - something with a local flavor. Does anyone have particular favorites to recommend?
    thanks,
    rich

#1 Posted: 2/12/2006 - 08:05

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

I'd recommend Tamarind: A Taste of Laos. It is written up in the Luang Prabang restaurant section if you want more details and location info. Another winner option is selecting one of the restaurants that cling to the riverbank above the Mekong River. The views are stunning. It's a serious "I cannot believe I am really here" moment. Happy Birthday! to the mrs. Regards.

#2 Posted: 2/12/2006 - 10:46

• roverinexile

Joined Travelfish
    12th August, 2006

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Will be asking you for some Bangkok ideas on another thread!

#3 Posted: 2/12/2006 - 11:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9257 19 Aug 2011