Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Laos Explore Travel Eco-tourism

• junkyjester

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2010

Has anyone taken either of the following treks with this company?

1) Akha Trek (2 Days) Akha Experience in Vieng Phoukha

2) 2 Days Trekking Nam Ha-Namdaet Mai

Just wondering if either one is better or if I should be looking at a different company that offers a similar package but better experience. My wife and I are going to be in Luang Nam Tha December 17-20, 2010. Thank you.

#1 Posted: 28/11/2010 - 05:45

• Advertisement

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

I haven't but thought I'd chime in anyway.

A lot depends on which guide you get and your fellow trekkers.

Akha Experience was established as a collaboration between a very reputable tour company, the ecotourism folks in Laos, and the local (resettled) Akha community. I'm not sure if this is the company you are talking about. In Vieng Phoukha there has been a long established trekking company of some other name. A lot of these companies will book your trekk for another company as they are all kind of working together. I don't think the company in Vieng Phouka has the facilities to accept Visa payments, so a lot of booking goes through Green Discovery or maybe Exotismo (Akha Experience)

I like the area around Vieng Phouka a lot. I'd just go with whatever seems good to you and hope for the best.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2010 - 19:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.