Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Tay Trang and onwards south Itinerary

• maura

Joined Travelfish
    8th December, 2010

Hi,
    We are middle aged couple backpacking (there is a name for us can’t remember what it is)
    This is our plan. After seeing Han long bay, depart Hanoi 2nd - 4th Jan For Sappa, - Dien Bien Phu, - Muang Khua - boat to Luang Prabang, (I like boats) and bus down to Vientiane. Don’t plan to book in advance giving more flexibility is this wise peak season?

Would love to go on to southern Laos but not sure we have time. We want to spend a couple of days on a beach within easy reach of Bangkok airport to fly out on 27th Jan. Sugestions?

Any suggestions about this route, or “don’t miss this” comments welcomely received. We don’t mind roughing it, but will probably grab a bit of luxury for a couple of days when available. It has crossed my mind to cut out Sappa and go straight for DBP cos I think I we are going to like Laos lots. Don’t ride a motorbike here so not going to try it there. Anyone who wants to join up for part could be handy to share cab/minibus as I think it could be busy? Peak season. (PM me but may take time to pick up as have to go to IT café once left home on 23rd Dec)
    Thanks, Maura.

#1 Posted: 9/12/2010 - 22:57

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.