Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Short trip in Nothern Laos

• brighie

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

Hi everybody,
    I will be in Laos through Tay Trang around 30th December.

I've two (maybe) easy questions:

Is it possible to reach Muang Sing from Muang Khua in one day? I read that it takes around 8-10 hours with 3 different buses (Muang Khua --> Udomxai --> Luang Namtha ---> Muang Sing). It is best to do this trip with a private driver, isn't it?

On the 7th of January we'll must take flight from LP to Bangkok (via Vientiane). I've many problems to book this flight from Italy (from a .it domain) and, on the other hand, international travel portals (like expedia.com ) are very expensive. Does anyone know a local agency in LP that could buy tickets for us?

Thank you!

Enrico

#1 Posted: 19/12/2010 - 16:58

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You might be able to get as far as Luang Nam Tha I think, but Muang Sing would really be pushing it and if your bus has a breakdown or some delay you'll have to overnight in Udomxai . If you do it with a private driver that would be preferable.

For the air tickets, I can't receommend a specific agent, but if you get a driver, have them stop at an agency in Udomxai and get the tickets there.

#2 Posted: 20/12/2010 - 08:36

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

Hi Enrico!

Have you tried booking direct from Bangkok Air's website?
    http://www.bangkokair.com/

#3 Posted: 20/12/2010 - 10:04

• brighie

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

Thank you!
    I got ticket from Lao Aviation WebSite (two days ago was down).

@somtam2000 I will try to reach Luang Namtha, i think is more realistic

Does anyone know if there are delay problem to cross the border in Tay Trang??
    Thank you
    Enrico

#4 Posted: 22/12/2010 - 05:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
18 Day trip Laos/Cambodia/ Thailand short but all the time I have !! ... By bobjim on 10 Sep 2008 2 2642 10 Sep 2008