Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Motorbike journey in northern Laos (advice)

Posted by jackymoon on 4/1/2011 at 11:03

I'm presently in Luang Prabang and I want to take a multiple day motor bike journey while up North. Any advise on routes to take or where to start? Is is outrageously expensive to rent bikes here. Many thanks,

J

#1 jackymoon has been a member since 20/10/2010. Posts: 20

Posted by LaoNow on 4/1/2011 at 13:14

I think there is still massive road construction on the highway between Oudom Xai and the Boten junction so I wouldn't advise a pleasure cruise in that area. The roads to Phonsavanh and the Plain of Jars are nicely paved and in fine shape, I just came that way yesterday. Highway 7 from Phou Khoun to Phonsavanh is in great shape and easy lonely cruising. I think motorbikes are also expensive to rent in Phonsavanh but you can save money by not having to take the tours to the Jar sites, you can go out yourself. Most of the roads around the Plain of Jars are dusty dirt roads but quiet with nice scenery.

#2 LaoNow has been a member since 14/5/2010. Posts: 38

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.