Flag of Laos

Laos forum

MOTORBIKE FOR SALE!

• slavka

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2011

Hi!
    I have one Honda Win to sell. I bought it in Vietnam and i am travelling since 2 weeks in Laos. It is a great fun to drive here a motorbike. Maybe my best experience in Asia.
    The bike is in a good condition, i did not have any problems with it.
    I will be in a few days in Vientiene and i would like to sell it there.

my number: 02096171005, email : slavka@gmx.de (better you call me, because in many small places they do not have internet)

#1 Posted: 19/2/2011 - 20:55

• Advertisement

• shoestringer

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

Hi im affraid i cant buy your lovely bike, but i do have a question if you could help me out? im planning on buying a bike in Hanoi vietnam and riding it south and idealy would cross into laos, cambodia and thailand but i have concerns over crossing borders.

Did you go through cambodia? which border crossing did you use? did you have any trouble when taking the bike over the borders?

your help would really be apreciated.
    thankyou.

#2 Posted: 20/2/2011 - 06:01

• slavka

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2011

Hi!
    I did not go to Cambodia with the bike, but i met few people who were going to do this. It should be no problem to cross the border to cambodia.
    The same with the Laos border. Though some treads tell about a problems with Laos border police because of Vietnamese bike, i did not have any problems at all. With a right papers i was done in 5 minutes. I crossed the at Na Maew/ Nam Xoi.
    The only problem might be to cross to vietnam with a laos bike. But with my vietnamese bike it is no problem too :) .To ride a vietnamese bike seems to be the best way to travel in the region.

greetings

#3 Posted: 20/2/2011 - 09:16

• shoestringer

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

This is great news i was thinking i would have to sell my bike in HCMC beforei left the country, thankyou so much.

I dont mean to comandeer your advertisement but could you please answer me one more question:

What papers should i receive when i purchase the bike?

just so i dont get ripped off and cant cross the border.

thankyou

#4 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 03:45

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Shoestringer, you will not be able to sell your bike legally in Lao, Vietnam papers or not.

#5 Posted: 22/2/2011 - 13:03

• shoestringer

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

I know that.

I was talking about when i buy a bike in vietnam.

#6 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 02:14

• slavka

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2011

@shoestringer: at the best case you get a small registration( i don't now how to describe) paper and a book where you can get a stamp, when you cross the border.but normally you don't get a book in Vietnam. if you cross the border then, maybe the police ask you for 10 dollar or something like this. no problem!

@rufus:what is legally in lao??? i was stopped 2 times by police in Lao and they even did not ask my for my driver license, bike papers.... only passport! one police officer offered to buy my bike for 150 dollar! they have been very friendly!
    legally?? we are not in Europe or States!

#7 Posted: 23/2/2011 - 19:54

• shoestringer

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

Thats great, thankyou slavka.

Hope you manage to sell your bike.

#8 Posted: 24/2/2011 - 03:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.