Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Going to Laos? Want Kip before you go?

• magneticbear

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2011

Hello, I just left Laos and forgot that no where in the world will exchange Laos Kip (because it's not worth very much...) I will be returning to Portland, Or at the end of April. If you live in Portland and would like Kip before you go, just let me know!
    I entered Laos from Chiang Khong, Thailand to Huay Xai (North) and traveled south to the following: Pak Beng, Luang Prabang, Phou Khoun (1 day only), Vang Vieng, Vientiane (1 day only), Tha Khaek (1day only), Pakse, Don Det, and Tat Lo. I had about 3.5 weeks so wasn't able to stay long in some places, but would also be happy to answer (or try to) questions that you may have.
    Thanks,
    magnetic.bear

#1 Posted: 17/3/2011 - 21:00

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

"Hello, I just left Laos and forgot that no where in the world will exchange Laos Kip (because it's not worth very much...)"

Funny, both of these comments are incorrect.
    Firstly there are some banks in Krungthep which will change Kip. Secondly the Kip has appreciated significantly in comparison to the USD. Over 11,00 when I first got here to just over 8,000 now. So again please, which currency isn't worth much?
    If you want to send your Kip to me, I will gladly accept it.

#2 Posted: 18/3/2011 - 13:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.