Flag of Laos

Laos forum

which village is suitable

• santos_g15

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2011

Hey,
    I plan to visit hill tribes and plan to stay at village for 2-3 days rather than trek from one village to another every day.i have done enough forest treks .i just want to observe hill tribes (why not the land ones :P) and take part in thier activities.so my schedule would be
    1)trek to village-minimum effort (lol)
    2)morning-take pics
    after b'fast-take part in field activity,food collection,wood collection,rear animals etc
    afternoon-nap followed by blog writing and photo editing.
    evening :take some pics
    night:watch people cook or sit around bon fire
    3) do the same
    4) trek back
    has someone done a programme like this.i dont mind if its day or more extra.but i am not very keen on package tours as they are both costly and move from one village to another .
    i am at present looking at villages in phongsaly.can anybody recommend one.what about guides.i am thinking of going scouting for guides after i reach there.

-Santhosh

#1 Posted: 18/3/2011 - 23:11

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.