Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Laptop repair in Vientiane

Posted by jorowa on 26/4/2011 at 21:40

Can anybody recommend a laptop/notebook computer repair place here in Vientiane?

Looks like my fan died and then my graphics card burnt out. I think both need to be replaced...

#1 jorowa has been a member since 24/2/2011. Location: Laos. Posts: 9
 Where has jorowa been? 

Posted by Rufus on 27/4/2011 at 06:50

I think you are best off getting this done in Thailand. You could try a small shop on the other side of ITEC, just down a bit from the Toyota dealership. Whatever you do, don't go to Jiro Computing.

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 973

Posted by jorowa on 27/4/2011 at 12:54

Cheers Rufus. I don't plan on being in Thailand any time soon, so I'll try some places around town including those you mention. Thanks again. Khop jai lai lai...

#3 jorowa has been a member since 24/2/2011. Location: Laos. Posts: 9
 Where has jorowa been? 

Posted by _oli_ on 20/5/2011 at 10:05

I would try the Talat Sao shopping mall or the LT computer shop (parallel road to Dong Palan)

#4 _oli_ has been a member since 20/5/2011. Posts: 5

Posted by jorowa on 26/5/2011 at 13:31

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out I just needed the graphics driver reinstalled and some virus/malware removed.

I got it done at a place called Starcom on Samsenthai Rd just past Wat Si Meuang.

#5 jorowa has been a member since 24/2/2011. Location: Laos. Posts: 9
 Where has jorowa been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.