Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

From Vientiane to Vang Vieng after 6pm, Saturday

Posted by terencemagpie on 5/5/2011 at 21:16

Hi my friend and I will be traveling to Laos in July. We'll arrive at Wattay Airport at 5pm and we plan going straight to Vang Vieng . I understand this is a 4 hours journey but this is only a 4 days trip so our time is limited. We'll visit Vientiane on our last day though before heading back to Malaysia.

Question is, is there any transport from Wattay Airport/Vientiane to Vang Vieng after 6pm, on Saturday? And how much would they cost? Do I need any pre-booking and where they are?

Thanks in advance for your time and reply [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#1 terencemagpie has been a member since 5/5/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 5/5/2011 at 21:27

Get to the northern bus terminal and take an 8pm bus headed to Luang Prabang (or anywhere else north) and you can jump out at Vang Vieng (they'll even slow down for you).

See straycat's blog here http://laomeow.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-vientiane-northern-bus-station.html

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,819

Posted by Rufus on 7/5/2011 at 06:38

Bob's post is correct - you will need to take a taxi to the bus terminal, however I would not rush and would spend the night in Vientiane and head off the next morning.

#3 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 973

Posted by MADMAC on 7/5/2011 at 10:58

Man, I have to agree with Rufus here. Take a day or two and enjkoy Vientiane first. Why just blow through it?

#4 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.