Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Loa Air Excursion Pass

• longleat

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2006

I am still trying to buy the Laos Excursion Pass. It is a better value than the Bangkok Air Discovery Pass for my particular route. Does anyone know how I can purchase this pass from the US? Or is there a Lao Airlines office in Hanoi where I can purchase the pass? The Lao Airline website has been down. Any help you can give will be really appreciated. Thank you!!

#1 Posted: 16/1/2007 - 01:02

• Advertisement

• murwill16

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2005

Hi
    this is the responseto a similar query by a UK poster that I posted on Thorn tree on 5 January.

"Hi Joanna
    I could not find anything about an 'excusion pass' on laoairlines.com which is the real Lao Airlines website but found it on laos-airlines.com which is a French Paris based travel agent. I don't know what routes you what to fly however Bangkok Airways has a 'discovery pass' which can also be used on Lao Airlines flights. I note that the real Lao Airlines lists a Paris agent which appears to be the 'laos-airlines' you could consider contacting. After speaking to the listed Sydney Oz agent we used a local travel agent in Australia who managed to book 2 flights incl Chiang Mai-Luang Prabang, although she had to make a phone call to find out how and the tickets appeared a week or two later, handwritten. Last time in March we booked our Lao Airlines flights after arrival in Luang Prabang a couple of days in advance but they were on routes with relatively frequent/regular flights incl Pakse-Siem Reap. Because of the low frequency of flights on the chiang Mai leg and planned travel in late February which may mean numbers are still up we booked in advance this time. We got a discount last time in Laos as we booked 3 or more flights. "

I have just checked Lao Airlines' website (the real Lao Airlines), it is not down and under contact general sales agents it lists 3 agents on the West Coast of USA.

#2 Posted: 16/1/2007 - 14:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Laos Air Excursion Pass ... By longleat on 4 Jan 2007 1 1707 4 Jan 2007