Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Eloping in Laos?

• sofiainswe

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2011

My boyfriend and I are taking a trip to south east Asia next year and we have been thinking about having a wedding ceremony whilst in Laos. We just want to have an extremely simple ceremony for the two of us and exchange some rings, once we return we plan on going to the courthouse in our country and "officially" getting married, but we really want a small ceremony in Laos.
    How would one go about this, is it something you could just ask about at a hotel or guesthouse and have them arrange someone to hold a short ceremony or? Any tips and advice would be very appreciated!

#1 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 00:02

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

What I would do is to ask your hotel to arrange a Barsi ceremony for you. I think this is exactly what you would want; it is a tradtional Lao blessing for important occassions, eg births, deaths, weddings, long trips etc etc. It will not be expensive.

#2 Posted: 19/6/2011 - 06:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.