Flag of Laos

Laos forum

1 mont left in Asia, suggestions??

• azsha6617

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2011
    Location United States

Monday morning i am taking slow boat into Laos. No set plans. I have one month left and can't decide where to go. Is the weather bad in the south of Laos right now?
    I'd really like to relax on a dreamy, budget friendly, not so touristy beach sometime before going home. Any suggestions?

#1 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 18:12

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Not really any beaches in Southern Laos - Si Phon Don is a place to hangout in a hammock and lay in a tube around Don Dhet . . . but not actually much beach - and it's the rainy season starts in early June . . . so if its coming down too hard expect some soggy islands.

In June-July the islands of Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan, and Ko Samui are the "least" rainy bus till have late afternoon showers like you'd expect every day in places like Kuala Lumpur.

As TF tells us if you're looking for less rain in June think about Central Vietnam,"The southern coastal region, as far north as between Nha Trang and Qui Nhon, sees the rain start later, Novemberish, but still dropping off in January."

#2 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 19:14

• trobs

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Have you been to Cambodia? There are some really cool - not very touristy islands off the coast of Sihounakville. Km's of beach with very few people on them. Food is cheap and good, beer is cheap, people are really friendly.

I also agree caseyprich about Don Dhet. Great place to loose a few days swinging in a hammock reading a book. I was these a couple of months ago and it was really dry, a bit of rain is only going to make it more beautiful.

#3 Posted: 16/6/2011 - 21:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.