Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Do I need a transit vist if I am not leaving the airport?

Posted by Katie_F on 4/8/2011 at 12:01

I just booked a flight from Siem Reap to Hanoi through Vietnam Airlines. The website didn't mention anything about a connection, but once I booked the confirmation shows a 40 minute layover in Luang Prabang. I have a feeling that the plane is just making a pit stop there and then the same plane will carry on to Hanoi, but on the chance that it's not will I have to get a visa if I'm not leaving the airport?

I'd just like to be prepared in terms of paperwork and pictures.

#1 Katie_F has been a member since 4/8/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by sayadian on 4/8/2011 at 14:28

I've flown a lot and changed in many countries so I'd hazard a guess that you wouldn't need a visa and that if you've booked a flight from SR to Hanoi any paperwork will be the responsibility of the airline. I doubt you'll be allowed to leave airside though, so you won't need anything.You'll be in transit.

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557

Posted by goonistik on 4/8/2011 at 21:34

You can check here. AFAIK, this is the website the airlines use to determine what documentary requirements you need.

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by Katie_F on 6/8/2011 at 10:10

Thanks for the link, it was most helpful.

#4 Katie_F has been a member since 4/8/2011. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.