Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Cambodia to Laos

Posted by Tira on 6/8/2011 at 04:52

I will be traveling to Siem Reap on Dec. 23 and leave SEA on Feb. 2 from Luang Prabang and I’m hoping to get some good tips/tricks/does and don’ts from all you travelers.

I have traveled to SEA before but not for such a, relatively, long time. Here is what I have in mind and it would be great to get some feedback what I should / shouldn’t do, what to do and maybe places to stay overnight etc. I would very much like to volunteer somewhere on the way, I know I will again go to Big Brother Mouse in LuangPrabang.

I’m planning to stay maybe a day in Siem Reap (I have already visited Angkor Wat), then on to Battambang (boat or bus), down south to Koh Kong, Shianoukville, up to PP and on to Sen Monorom, Kratie and then…. to Lao. Last time I entered Lao near the 4 thousand island. Is there an other option? I took a bus to Phakse, stayed a day and flew to LuangPrabang from where I left.

Maybe someone will be there at the same time and we could hook up.

Anyway, this is approx. what / which way I’m planning to travel but am interested in your opinion. Thanks much.

#1 Tira has been a member since 6/8/2011. Posts: 13

Posted by Rasheeed on 6/8/2011 at 08:40

Kratie into Lao via 4000 islands is easy...

#2 Rasheeed has been a member since 4/11/2010. Location: Cambodia. Posts: 311
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by Tira on 6/8/2011 at 20:30

Thank you, Rasheed. I just wondered if there might be a different way to go into Laos but looks as if I'll be going that way again.

#3 Tira has been a member since 6/8/2011. Posts: 13

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.