Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Flooding in Laos

• frasmc

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2005
    Total reviews: 3

Does anyone know if the heavy rains in the region have caused any serious flooding in Laos as in surrounding countries? If the situation in Thailand is a bother when I get there next week I am planning to fly to Pakse, but don't want my time on Si Phan Don to be ruined by torrential downpours or everything being underwater.

#1 Posted: 7/10/2011 - 04:28

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

There have been serious cases of flooding in various parts of Lao.

#2 Posted: 7/10/2011 - 08:29

• annifrid23

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2011

Do you know where and to what extent the flooding has been in Laos? I am planning on getting there sometime next week and visiting Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Plain of Jars/Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, and Phongsali.

I have also heard that flooding has not been just an issue but landslides as well. Any information on this is much appreciated. Cheers!

#3 Posted: 8/10/2011 - 17:37

• annifrid23

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2011

Do you know where and to what extent the flooding has been in Laos? I am planning on getting there sometime next week and visiting Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Plain of Jars/Phonsavan, Luang Prabang, and Phongsali.

I have also heard that flooding has not been just an issue but landslides as well. Any information on this is much appreciated. Cheers!

#4 Posted: 8/10/2011 - 17:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.