Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Huay Xi to Phongsali

• teamika

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

Hey Folks

Heading back to Laos after falling in love with the place this winter.
    Last time I did the slow boat to LP, hung out in the mountains north of VV and then exited through Vientiene.

I have a month and a friend in Hanoi. I am currently thinking about heading into Laos at Huay Xi and then overland wandering to Muang Khu, up the Nam Ou to Phongsali and then back down to the roads and East into Vietnam.

The other option would be to fly into LP from Thailand and then head North. I have done the slow boat on the Mekong and don't need to do it again this trip, although it was pretty fun.

Any suggestions very much appreciated. I am SO excited to be heading back.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 26/10/2011 - 04:39

• Advertisement

• teamika

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

I have got a pretty good idea of getting to Muang Khua , up to Phongsali and back down.

My specific question is this: Where should I get a visa for crossing into Viet Nam and has anyone taken the bus overland from Muang Khua to Hanoi ?

I have the option of heading South from Muang Khua or going on to Hanoi and flying back to Bangkok.
    Thanks

#2 Posted: 28/10/2011 - 05:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.