Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Kids stuff to do in Laos...??

• GermanCoast-
    girl

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2011

Hi All,

I have already posted in the Kid's forum but maybe you also have some advice here as well as in the Thailand forum.

I will be travelling Laos and Thailand for 6 weeks with my almost 6-year old, starting finally on Feb, 5th.

Now it comes to finetuning and I could need some advise on what to do with a kid in Vientiane, VangVieng (no, no tubing, just observing) and Luang Prabang.... anything really great that you remember? We'll definitely spend half of the vacation jumping into waterholes, visiting a few temples, riding on an Elephant (Patara Elephant Farm), beaching..... but still have enough time left, I suppose (besides relaxing and playing games...).
    Same with Chiang Mai, BKK, KohLanta and Koh YaoNoi.

Thanks so much for your experiences and ideas!!

Cheers, Birgit

#1 Posted: 16/1/2012 - 13:24

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Eigentlich nich sehr viel. Du koenntest vielleich zu Buddha Park fahren . In Vientiane gibt es auch ein Water Park, und dann selbstverstaendlich den Markt.

#2 Posted: 16/1/2012 - 18:05

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

Buddha Park, the water park, and then a tour of the market. Sounds good. What about a walk along the waterfront? A visit to the Anousaouri Arch? I'd definitely make the trip out to That Luang with kids too.

Rufus, are there any kite-flying areas or stuff like which kids might enjoy? Are there still cultural shows that kids could attend?

Your german is impressive by the way - much better than mine. I think MADMAC speaks german too. Anyone else? Cheers.

#3 Posted: 16/1/2012 - 22:10

• GermanCoast-
    girl

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2011

Rufus, pretty impressive German ! ;-)

Thanks for your advice. I will definitely put them on my list.
    In fact all my son needs is nature, animals, plants, water and some air. So, I bet, I will be fine.... ;-)
    And I suppose, getting in touch with the locals/kids won't be much of problem, right?

I thought of taking some balloons with us. a) they are light weight and b) this always works for the kids instead of expensive toys: Just blow up a balloon, tie a cord on it and off they go... ;-)

Only a couple of more days to go and we are finally off.... cannot wait ! ;-)
    Cheers.

#4 Posted: 17/1/2012 - 01:55

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

There are some areas along the Mekong where you could do kite flying. The cultural shows are more part of the restaurant scene these days eg Kua Lao and Tamnak Lao both have a dinner show. This sounds tacky, but seriously it isn't.

#5 Posted: 17/1/2012 - 02:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Kids stuff to do inThailand...?? ... By GermanCoastgirl on 16 Jan 2012 0 604 16 Jan 2012