Flag of Laos

Laos forum

No name restaurant (Luang Prabang)

• Oztravels

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2012

Hi. Does anyone know the name of the restaurant that is next to the old bridge in Luang Prabang ? We had a great meal there and a friend is going to Luang Prabang next month for the New Year Festival and I want to send him to the correct place. Its the place that cooks the BBQ duck and pork etc. Thanks for any help.

David

#1 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 22:14

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Download the maps of Luang Prabang at Hobo Maps - they are extremely detailed, and list almost every place to eat and stay in town

(I would help you look it up, but I don't know which bridge, or where it is)

#2 Posted: 11/3/2012 - 00:12

• Oztravels

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2012

Thank you Daawgon. The map was perfect! The restaurant has no name (it seems) but I was able to send my friend the map with the position marked.

Thanks again!

D

#3 Posted: 11/3/2012 - 21:55

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007

hey pls do tell us the name of the bridge and/or the road...

#4 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 05:01

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

the old bridge is the one labelled 'bike bridge' at JH211 n this map:
    http://www.hobomaps.com/LuangPrabangCentralMap.html

it's in Ban Meun Na near Wat Meun Na (meun = 10,000 na = rice fields), a temple just off the map at JI209 that somehow sounds like 'Vatmou-Enna' to the guy who made the map :P road names don't really help in getting around LPB.

#5 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 05:26

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007

thanks but I can't find Ban Meun Na nor Wat Meun Na. is it near to the Printer or Meun Na Backpackers?

#6 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 06:00

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

don't know where exactly this restaurant is. am just telling you the location of this particular bridge to help you narrow down your hunt, cos there are several bridges in & around LPB :) don't know which end of the bridge it is on, the printer/Meun Na Backpackers end, or the Le Bel Air end...let us know when you find it!

Ban Meun Na (Meun Na village) is the name of the neighbourhood. it's not labelled on the map, but it's how locals refer to that area, so might be useful if you're getting there from another part of town by tuktuk.

& as i said, Wat Meun Na is off the map i.e. not shown on it, but it's located at the position indicated by grid reference JI209. just mentioning it as a landmark to help you confirm that you've found the correct bridge :)

#7 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 06:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9505 19 Aug 2011