Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Lao Airlines name input

• cn2011

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2011

Hi,

Just booking flights with Lao Airlines (www.laoairlines.com)
    When filling in name details it says don't put a space between first and middle name, this would make the name on the ticket and the name in your passport technically different.
    Has anyone flown with them, and was the ticket fine with no spaces between the names?
    Have emailed them directly with no reply.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 26/3/2012 - 14:06

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Just leave out your middle name. By the way this practice is standard with many airlines - Air Asia do the same.

#2 Posted: 26/3/2012 - 19:07

• cn2011

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2011

Ahh I see,
    Thank you!

#3 Posted: 27/3/2012 - 09:37

• donadoni

Joined Travelfish
    18th December, 2011

heys
    i didnt want to start new threat about it. im planning to travel laos from bangkok but couldnt find a budget friendly flight ticket for it. i know i can use train to nhong kai but i've limited time so i dont want to spend whole day on the way this time.

as my knowledge theres no too many companies which are flying to laos from thailand but i already checked lao airlines, thaiair and tigerairways and couldn't find a single roundtrip ticket below than 300$

what is the other company options that i should check?
    thanks.

#4 Posted: 28/3/2012 - 00:25

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Lao Air is not a cheap airline, unfortunately.

As a compromise on the train option, you could consider flying Air Asia from Bkk to Udon Thani for less than $40-70 depending on whether or not there any deals on at the time. From Udon Thani, get the bus to Vientiane. I think it might be a 2-4 hour bus ride - can't recall exactly, but search this site, the info will be here somewhere.

#5 Posted: 28/3/2012 - 03:22

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

There are only 2 airlines which fly from Bangkok to Vientiane - Lao Air and Thai Airways - neither is a budget airline. As suggested by BL above, you could fly with Air Asia to Udon Thani and then take transport to the Friendship Bridge.

#6 Posted: 28/3/2012 - 20:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.