Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Solo traveller, 30th Apr - 6th May

• joe1985

Joined Travelfish
    18th April, 2012

Hello -
    I'm going to be in-and-around Vientiane from the 30th April to the 6th May, just me and my backpack! I want to do some trekking, be adventurous etc, but I'm pretty flexible and will go with the flow.
    Let me know if you're planning anything and don't mind me tagging along, or want to meet up for a drink!
    I'm a 26 year-old british guy - a good egg!

can be texted on: +44 7817576452

Cheers,
    Joe

#1 Posted: 18/4/2012 - 09:35

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Sorry, you may be a good egg, but it's not the brightest idea in the world putting your cell # on a public forum? That being said why would anyone spend $$ to call a UK number in Laos?

I suggest you enable the private message option on your profile. And I'd also consider joining the Laos group on couchsurfing.

I always get a local sim in the country I'm visiting, they are very cheap, and as they are short term, giving out your number is less of an issue, just my opinion.

#2 Posted: 18/4/2012 - 09:58

• DanRees

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2012

Hey joe,

Your plan sounds like a good one, head north, trekking is amazing up there! unfortunately I have just returned from a few months spent in Laos as it is one of my favourite places. I was wondering if you could help me. I have been given funding to put together a Travel Book/Adventure manual based on Laos. The Book will be full of independent stories written by travellers for travellers. The stories should be of good use to the reader, for example, best things you did in the area, places you saw etc. The book is called 'Word Of Mouth' and we believe the best advise you get when traveling is from other travellers and this is the bases of the book. Would you like to write a story or two from your time spent in Laos? There are no restrictions on what you can write, just keep each story to a particular place in Laos and no more than 300words (don't worry if you go over!) Oh and the more adventurous the story the better!

Thanks for your time, for any more information, don't hesitate to contact:

info@wordofmouthtravel.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Dan

#3 Posted: 11/7/2012 - 04:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
36 Male solo, travelling to Thailand 9-30th October ... By Simon1974 on 12 Jul 2011 0 1714 12 Jul 2011