Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Need friends in Vientiane

• tiffoturtle

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012

Hi, I'm based in Vientiane for the next few months volunteering and want to find some new friends while I'm here! I'm a 25yo Aussie girl who is looking for people interested in having some drinks, sampling the lao cuisine or maybe taking a yoga class together. Reply or drop me a line if you're interested! :)

#1 Posted: 25/4/2012 - 02:50

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Joma Bakery near the Nam Phou fountain (tables out front) for breakfast is a good place to meet other travellers/expats. Next door the Phimphone market has a message board for buy/sell/rent info and expat groups. Get Hobo maps at Monument Books a couple blocks from there (good source for browsing and sweet aircon).

http://www.joma.biz/Joma/Welcome.html
    http://hobomaps.com
    http://www.monument-books.com/laos.php

#2 Posted: 25/4/2012 - 12:15

• MJ

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2012

Hey - will be in Vientiane from 2-6 May. We have some Laos friends we will be meeting up with who live in Vientiane. Drop me a PM if you're about - you're welcome to join up with us as we'll be out and about most nights.

#3 Posted: 28/4/2012 - 13:11

• tiffoturtle

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012

Hey MJ, that sounds great! You just need to enable private messages on your profile so we can message each other outside of this board :)
    If anybody else wants to join in, let us know!

#4 Posted: 29/4/2012 - 20:47

• MJ

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2012

I have activated PM but it doesn't seem to be working. Ping me at midnightjoker@gmail.com if it still doesn't work...

#5 Posted: 1/5/2012 - 00:01

• VTnewbie

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2012

hey! i'm in a similar boat. 24 year old aussie, here for the next few months. PM me and we can organise a coffee or a drink. The only other expats i've met are the creepy older sort...

#6 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 05:56

• tiffoturtle

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012

Oh sorry, I'm not in Vientiane anymore! Hope you enjoy your time there though and find some cool people to hang out with :)

#7 Posted: 11/7/2012 - 03:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.