Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Nakhon Phanom - Thakhek - Nahin in one afternoon/evening

• kuanzai

Joined Travelfish
    29th November, 2007

Hi everyone,

It's been 4 years last I did Laos. And now I decide to revisit the beautiful Laos.

I have a bold travelling to make during the day I touched down to Nakhon Phanom . I will like to take to Thakhek, then to Ban Nahin with public transport (or any pre arrange tour if I can get any). My arrival time to Nakhon Phanom is 1pm. Is this possible at all? I plan to do Konglor Cave the next day after overnight at Nahin.

And the date will be 20 May. Is this time still possible to enjoy the cave or the rain will mess this up a lot?

Thanks for reading and hope anyone ever do this can provide some insight. Thanks.

#1 Posted: 10/5/2012 - 23:54

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I'm pretty sure you could at least get to Tha Khek, but the question is why? Are you in a hurry here?

#2 Posted: 12/5/2012 - 04:31

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

1.there is now the latest new bridge there-but you have to take an infrequent shuttlebus as pedestrian to cross.
    2.I think that in NP the airport is quite far out of town and no regular transp available-unless since AA flies there, this has changed.
    3.generally in Laos the few buses/what runs as public for transport on minor routes tend to dry up soon after lunchtime. have no idea where that nahin is located relative to TK.

#3 Posted: 18/5/2012 - 09:36

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Captain,
    When the aircraft lands of course you get the obligatory Tuk Tuk guys hanging out... but yes, your other points are worth noting.

NKP is actually one of my favorite towns out here and well worth spending a couple of days there. It got a poor write up here in Travelfish (with the postage stamp sized Thakek being strangely described as "more interesting") but it's not a bad place at all.

#4 Posted: 18/5/2012 - 23:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Elle's Guesthouse in That Phanom, Nakhon Phanom ... By ellemayu on 17 Nov 2008 2 3768 15 Jan 2010