Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Best mode of transport for a solo traveller

• zohe

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2007

Dear season travellers,

I'm a new solo traveller from Singapore. There is a travel pass offer by one of the ticket agent here. I am very tempted to buy & fly across vietnam, laos & cambodia. however, may i know if flying is one of the best option? what if i'm not in a hurry. my reason to take flight is to avoid possible risk hazzled while crossing the borders. am i worrying too much?

buying the pass may save some cost, but i'm afraid it will make my trip highly inflexible if i decide to take a different route along the way. a friend highly recommend crossing the borders as it is another highlight of travelling independently.

Kindly appreciate if anyone can share some lights on this issue.

#1 Posted: 12/4/2007 - 14:06

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Zohe,

Well there's advantages and disadvantages to each. It comes down to how long you're planning on spending on travelling -- if time is short, then flying is a good idea, but the more time you have the more overland travel is an attractive option.

I wouldn't worry too much -- make a list of everywhere you're planning to go and how long you have in each -- if you're spending too much time travelling, then look into the flights option.

#2 Posted: 12/4/2007 - 18:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
preferrable mode of transport from Hanoi to Hue ... By buecax on 13 Aug 2009 6 7687 17 Aug 2009