Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Looking to Buy a Bike in Vientiane

• pranaman

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2012

Hi,

I am renting a house in Sisavat Village, a little north of the main city center. I am renting a one-geared bike from PVO, the Vientnamese bike rental place by the Mekon/near Wat Mixay. It's been almost 2 month, so it's adding up at 7000 kip/day.

I would rather buy one. Prefer one with straight handlebars, road tires, multiple gears, like this one: www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/town/recreation/hybrid/7100/#.

Budget is around $100. I am 6 feet tall/1.8 meters. Used is fine.

Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive one like that for a tall guy like me?

#1 Posted: 1/7/2012 - 22:09

• Advertisement

• DanRees

Joined Travelfish
    11th July, 2012

hey,

I have just come back from motorbiking through laos, but i came across the boarder from vietnam. Im 6ft tall and was riding a honda win, 115cc with my girlfriend on the back. wasnt a big bike in western terms but was one of the biggest we could find at the time. I traveled with a guy who brought a bike in Vientiane, he got his from a hostel (same bike as i had). i would suggest going around all the hostels,hotels,backpackers and see what there is. there will be someone coming through looking to sell a bike!

good luck

#2 Posted: 11/7/2012 - 05:48

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

^^I think pranaman is looking for a bicycle not a motorbike.

#3 Posted: 12/7/2012 - 13:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.