Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Itinerary help -21 days

• pete61

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2009

My partner and two young teenage kids will be in Laos for 21 days. We are entering from Kratie and leaving from Vientiane. A nice stay on an island, an elephant experience, about 5 days in Luang Prabang and any recommended places with no doubling back. We're not afraid of roughing it and getting off the beaten track.
    We'd like to stay a couple of nights in a few places to get a bit of a feel for the towns/villages if time permits. A boat trip would be great too. Is ther time to go up north?
    Yes I'm sure we actually need 3 months but I'm looking forward to your thoughts.
    Thanks, Pete

#1 Posted: 12/8/2012 - 09:18

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hi - Pete, I'm short on time for a longer answer at the moment, but there are some suggested itineraries here that might give you some ideas: http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/

#2 Posted: 12/8/2012 - 15:15

• pete61

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2009

Thanks busylizzy

I had a good look at these and they're a great start. If there's anywhere else worth a visit and not mentioned, I hope someone lets me know.
    When we're traveling I love to ask peoople we meet where should we go and what should we see. This research gives us a basic idea.

Thanks.

#3 Posted: 14/8/2012 - 02:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.