Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Itinerary help -21 days

Posted by pete61 on 12/8/2012 at 09:18

My partner and two young teenage kids will be in Laos for 21 days. We are entering from Kratie and leaving from Vientiane. A nice stay on an island, an elephant experience, about 5 days in Luang Prabang and any recommended places with no doubling back. We're not afraid of roughing it and getting off the beaten track.
We'd like to stay a couple of nights in a few places to get a bit of a feel for the towns/villages if time permits. A boat trip would be great too. Is ther time to go up north?
Yes I'm sure we actually need 3 months but I'm looking forward to your thoughts.
Thanks, Pete

#1 pete61 has been a member since 27/9/2009. Posts: 39

Posted by busylizzy on 12/8/2012 at 15:15

Hi - Pete, I'm short on time for a longer answer at the moment, but there are some suggested itineraries here that might give you some ideas: http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by pete61 on 14/8/2012 at 02:13

Thanks busylizzy

I had a good look at these and they're a great start. If there's anywhere else worth a visit and not mentioned, I hope someone lets me know.
When we're traveling I love to ask peoople we meet where should we go and what should we see. This research gives us a basic idea.

Thanks.

#3 pete61 has been a member since 27/9/2009. Posts: 39

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.