Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Spiked in Vien Vang

• lylzezane01

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2012
    Location Australia

Earlier this year I went tubing with a few friends. Half of us got our drinks spiked- one girl got hit so bad by it, that she was paralysed and doesnt recall a thing from the night. We ended up carrying on with about 15 people, some of which had been there for a few days prior. All of them bar 1 had been spiked- including guys!

Just be careful!

Also check out http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/laos/19491_big-changes-in-vang-vieng-

#1 Posted: 4/9/2012 - 23:40

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Sounds drunk to me, not spiked.

#2 Posted: 5/9/2012 - 19:15

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

it could be drunk, but it could be spiked. bad things happen in laos too. i've only been mugged one time in my entire life, and it was in vientiane. and i wasn't drunk!

this kind of thing could happen anywhere of course, and it seems wise to be careful wherever you go and particularly when you are travelling. but before Rufus gets too agitated with me, i'd like to point out that even with the mugging, i still feel safer in laos than almost anywhere else i've ever been. cheers.

#3 Posted: 5/9/2012 - 21:50

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

There were some drink spiking cases in Bor Pen Nyang a few years ago Exacto. This case sounds like they were all blotto though.

#4 Posted: 6/9/2012 - 03:10

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I had a drink spiked in Mukdahan once. A very unpleasant event, but fortunately with no lasting consequences.

#5 Posted: 6/9/2012 - 05:08

• sayadian

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

So has nobody any idea why drinks were spiked in any of these cases.Rape and robbery can be discounted so was it just some idiot on a power trip? It's a nasty,cowardly act with the chances pf getting caught virtualy zero. I've had personal experience of 'picking up the pieces' of someones life, someone already experiencing mental illness who wad spiked.I like life peaceful but I made a promise to myself that if I ever caught anyone doing this I would ensure they had a large hospitable bill and an extended and painful recovery period.

#6 Posted: 6/9/2012 - 20:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vang Vien in Guardian ... By somsai on 7 Apr 2012 46 2686 18 Apr 2012
Laos(vang vien) to nha trang ... By elainemurphy2 on 11 Jun 2008 0 1396 11 Jun 2008
28F looking for nice travel buddy in Laos (Vang Vien and Luang Prabang) from Sept 25 to 30. ... By ti87 on 30 Aug 2014 0 313 30 Aug 2014