Flag of Laos

Laos forum

last minute singapore to laos!

• georgiabarr-
    edo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2012

hello all... i've just booked a ticket to singapore and have randomly decided to go to laos and some cities i missed in SEA last year... i would appreciate any recommendations and advice pls... thank you
    tentative itinerary

fly into singapore
    singapore to kuala lumpur (via bus)
    kL to phuket (via bus/train)
    phuket to chiang mai/chiang rai (via bus)
    chiang mai to luang prabang
    luang prabang - VV-vientianne

can someone please tell me if i should start at north laos and travel south... or travel south to north?? i dont know of a really good itinerary... all i know is i want to see plain of jars, waterfalls, maybe do a short trek or two, see some stupas,

i figured i can travel north to south and go into cambodia and take flight back to singapore..

if you have any recommendations on how to get to and from one destination to another or which places is worth going to, from food to absolutely anything at all pls pls pls help! im leaving in 2 weeks!!

#1 Posted: 22/10/2012 - 21:04

• Advertisement

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

You are doing an awful lot of bus travel. You could fly from Phuket to Udon Thani with Air Asia and then take a mini van to the Lao border. A couple of days in Vientiane, a couiple inVang Vieng about 5 in Luang Prabang with a side trip to the Plain of Jars. This is how I would organise my travels.

#2 Posted: 22/10/2012 - 21:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.