Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

last minute singapore to laos!

Posted by georgiabarredo on 22/10/2012 at 21:04

hello all... i've just booked a ticket to singapore and have randomly decided to go to laos and some cities i missed in SEA last year... i would appreciate any recommendations and advice pls... thank you
tentative itinerary

fly into singapore
singapore to kuala lumpur (via bus)
kL to phuket (via bus/train)
phuket to chiang mai/chiang rai (via bus)
chiang mai to luang prabang
luang prabang - VV-vientianne

can someone please tell me if i should start at north laos and travel south... or travel south to north?? i dont know of a really good itinerary... all i know is i want to see plain of jars, waterfalls, maybe do a short trek or two, see some stupas,

i figured i can travel north to south and go into cambodia and take flight back to singapore..

if you have any recommendations on how to get to and from one destination to another or which places is worth going to, from food to absolutely anything at all pls pls pls help! im leaving in 2 weeks!!

#1 georgiabarredo has been a member since 22/10/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by Rufus on 22/10/2012 at 21:38

You are doing an awful lot of bus travel. You could fly from Phuket to Udon Thani with Air Asia and then take a mini van to the Lao border. A couple of days in Vientiane, a couiple inVang Vieng about 5 in Luang Prabang with a side trip to the Plain of Jars. This is how I would organise my travels.

#2 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 973

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.