Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Anyone to share car/van from LP to Vang Vieng?

Posted by affgomes on 25/10/2012 at 05:15

Husband and I are currently in Luang Prabang but hoping to travel down to Vientiane this weekend, stopping at Vang Vieng for a night or two. Heard/read so many horror stories about the buses that am more inclined to get a van with driver if we can split with a few others. A bit last minute but thought it was worth posting. Thinking of leaving after tomorrow, on Saturday.

#1 affgomes has been a member since 24/9/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by enigmatic on 25/10/2012 at 05:49

Any travel agent should be able to book a regular van for you - no need to find a group yourself unless you want to make special arrangements like lots of stops at viewpoints (actually not a bad idea)

Personally I think the buses are safer than the minivans, but the minivans do have the advantage of being quicker. It's a scenic ride anyway, so no rush.

#2 enigmatic has been a member since 14/4/2011. Posts: 84

Posted by mooball on 26/10/2012 at 04:11 TF writer

I agree. Minivans go all the time and they will more or less be the same as a charter.

#3 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 431
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by affgomes on 26/10/2012 at 10:12

Thank you...getting the VIP bus tomorrow after all, following a few chats with people who did it. Hope it's OK!

#4 affgomes has been a member since 24/9/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.