Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Lao Airport Visa

• gatoguts

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2012

Does the visa issued on arrival at Lao airports (e.g. Vientiane) take up a full page in the passport book?

#1 Posted: 26/10/2012 - 04:23

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

in effect yes-the stamp I have is a little less as 1 page, but there are also other usual smaller stamps for in+out dates. Unless they are in the meantime now so modern they also use those stickers.

#2 Posted: 26/10/2012 - 04:44

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Yes, it's a full-page sticker.

FYI - if you are running low on passport pages...you need to ensure you have enough empty pages that are entitled 'Visas'. Do not expect that they can use the very last pages in your passport entitle 'Amendments and Additions' - they are NOT allowed to put visa stamps/stickers on these pages. I had to work hard to not get turned away from Bali when they could not find enough space for their small 1/4 page sticker. They would not put it on the blank 'Amendments' page - and did not want to squeeze it in on a Visa page because the sticker would have overlapped another stamp by 2mm!

#3 Posted: 26/10/2012 - 05:47

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Yes.

#4 Posted: 26/10/2012 - 20:39

• gatoguts

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2012

Thanks for your help. I have 2 Visa pages (8 boxes), and expect to get 2 sets of in/out stamps from Thailand (4 total) plus 1 set (2 total) from Laos. With the Lao visa being a full page, unless Thailand and Laos are willing to share a box, I'm beginning to think I might have a problem.

#5 Posted: 29/10/2012 - 05:32

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

Yes you will have a problem. Get a new passport.

#6 Posted: 29/10/2012 - 19:07

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Just get new pages added to your current passport if it still has a few years left in it. It's a bit cheaper than a new passport.

#7 Posted: 30/10/2012 - 02:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.