Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Looking for a place to rent in Luang Prabang- Anyone has any contacts?

Posted by AnjaFenzlein on 31/10/2012 at 07:22

Hey guys,

I'm looking to move to Luang Prabang for an internship in January and stay at least 6 months, maybe longer. I am thinking if staying in a guesthouse first and look around for something more permanent while I'm there. My budget is around $300/month which I'm thinking should get my a comfortable place to live in. Does anyone know of any places I could check out or people who could help me find something? Thanks so much for any help! Cheers! Anja :)

#1 AnjaFenzlein has been a member since 31/10/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by chopin on 4/11/2012 at 03:39

hi, I have been to LPB recently and I stayed at Hoxieng Guesthouse which is very near the river and the town center. The boss of this place seems to be a very nice guy, if you really have no clue, I suppose you can go to put up in his place when you first reach there, and ask for his recommendation for a long term lease. My guess is you might not need to spend USD300/month, because I only spent USD10/night at Hoxieng Guesthouse, as a tourist.

Alternatively, you can try with the Luang Prabang Public Library. I met some expat volunteer workers there who are doing it long-term, so they can be of help to you i think:

http://www.lao-kids.org/visiting-volunteering.php

#2 chopin has been a member since 28/4/2007. Posts: 154

Posted by chopin on 6/11/2012 at 00:30

oops sorry... the guesthouse's name is not Hoxieng, but Somjith. These two are quite near to each other and their looks are also quite similar, I was confused.

#3 chopin has been a member since 28/4/2007. Posts: 154

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.