Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Worth a visit during smoke season??

• oshi

Joined Travelfish
    26th October, 2012

Hi everybody,
    I am planning on visiting Laos in early March for 3 weeks.
    I just read about the smoke season and the poor visibility in Laos from March to June.

Do you think LP and Vientiane is still worth a visit, or should I skip Laos during this season??
    I appreciate any input! Thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 12/11/2012 - 07:51

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I have been to northern Laos several times during March, and yes the air can be very hazy, and very hot in the daytimes. Should you skip it? Hard to say, as many people still visit and enjoy themselves while some might complain about the air. It seems like people who are just passing through don't notice it so much as those who deal with it every year. The haze at least makes nice pink sunsets in late afternoon.

#2 Posted: 13/11/2012 - 23:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Laos in April: new year worth the smoke and heat? ... By shrub on 6 Jan 2009 7 4694 10 Jun 2009
Worth it to go during the wet season? ... By scafire_jesse on 5 May 2009 8 6640 25 Jun 2009
Pangkor Island -is it worth a visit??? ... By twink2010 on 1 Jan 2012 4 7255 13 Jan 2012
..check my itinerary, please? Is Battabang worth to visit for 2 days? ... By flash99 on 9 Jul 2008 1 4365 9 Jul 2008