Flag of Laos

Laos forum

New Year Eve 2012 in Luang Prabang

• nikw83

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2012

I will be in Luang Prabang with my partner for New Years Eve (31st Dec)
    Could anyone give me advice if anywhere is Luang Prabang will be putting on a party etc to celebrate?
    Thanks for your help in advance

#1 Posted: 7/12/2012 - 19:48

• Advertisement

• SBKM

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

Have you found anything for NYE yet? Think we may be there around that time as well!

#2 Posted: 24/12/2012 - 06:53

• freiburger

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

Dont expect too much, since officially all tourists have to bee in their guesthouse by 12 at night. Even the bars close at 12.

But of course, if you can go to some "underground" places they serve you all night long. My girlfriend got an address of a bar like that, but on the other hand, I once ran into a control at 1 AM coming late from Utopia bar. Could turn around and went another way, but you never know ...

I don't know how strict they handle it, but I was told to be carefull.

#3 Posted: 27/12/2012 - 06:50

• nikw83

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2012

thanks for the tip freiburger.
    we were just going to check out some of the bars and see what happens.
    although those pland maybe put on hold as we arrived in bangkok yesterday to find one of our bags didnt get put on oir flight. so we now have to wait invientaine until that gets sorted out.

#4 Posted: 27/12/2012 - 06:55

• freiburger

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

I bet that in Vientaine you have better options for New Years Eve than in LP :-)

I was once for New Years Eve on Phu Quok in Vietnam, at 23:50 the power went out and everybody was sitting in the dark, only candles, no music. One of the best parties I ever had :-)

#5 Posted: 27/12/2012 - 07:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9257 19 Aug 2011