Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Info about transport/price - North of Laos

Posted by photosyntheze on 20/12/2012 at 10:01

Hi,
Hope thoses info gonna help some of you ;)

If you really want to know about the contry and see authentic towns and villages i suggest to go in the North. It's a little bit cold, but the landscae is really nice.

Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng it's not really Laos, for me, it was to touristic.
A lot of travellers only go in thoses towns and they had a bad opinion about the entire contry and the people...how can you judge a contry when you only go in touristics places... ??

Chiang Khong - Houay Xai - 40 bath for the boat - 5 minutes

Houay Xai - Luang Namtha - 150 bath - 3h

Luang Namtha - Oudomxai - 50 000 Kip - 4h

Oudomxai - Phongsali - 175 000 Kip - 10h (usally 8h-9h. We get stuck in the mud, have to wait cause a motobike get stuck under a big truck (no one was hurt) we had a flat...so its was really long, but the landscape was gorgeous!

Phongsali - Hat sa - dont remmember - 1h

Hat sa - Muang Khoua - 10 500 kip - 5h on a boat.

Muang Khoua - Muang Ngoi - 100 000 kip - 5h - boat

Muang Ngoi - Nong khiaw - 25 000 kip - 1h boat

Nong Khiaw - Sam Neua - 120 000 kip 12h ( We wait for the bus just before the bridge (on the right of the green discovery compagnie) The bus was supposed to arrive around 11h30-12h, its arrive a 1h30. ITs a minibus, A night bus its possible too, but its hard to know when...around 6hpm and midnight !!)

Sam Neua - Vieng Xai - tuk tuk i don't know the price - 1h - We rent a motobike for the day.

Sam Neua - Phonsavan - 80 000 kip - 8h

Phonsavan - Luang Prabang - 110 000 kip - 6h

Luang Prabang - Vang Vieng - 120 000 kip - 8h

Vang Vieng - Vientiane - 45 000 kip - around 4h

(sorry for my bad english)

I Wish you all a nice trip

#1 photosyntheze has been a member since 28/9/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/12/2012 at 17:24 admin

Sounds like a great trip! We've had a researcher in northern Laos of late, you may find the following two entries interesting:

Travelling by boat to XiengKok

The road to Phongsali.

Cheers!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,425
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.