Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Info about transport/price - North of Laos

• photosynthe-
    ze

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2012

Hi,
    Hope thoses info gonna help some of you ;)

If you really want to know about the contry and see authentic towns and villages i suggest to go in the North. It's a little bit cold, but the landscae is really nice.

Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng it's not really Laos, for me, it was to touristic.
    A lot of travellers only go in thoses towns and they had a bad opinion about the entire contry and the people...how can you judge a contry when you only go in touristics places... ??

Chiang Khong - Houay Xai - 40 bath for the boat - 5 minutes

Houay Xai - Luang Namtha - 150 bath - 3h

Luang Namtha - Oudomxai - 50 000 Kip - 4h

Oudomxai - Phongsali - 175 000 Kip - 10h (usally 8h-9h. We get stuck in the mud, have to wait cause a motobike get stuck under a big truck (no one was hurt) we had a flat...so its was really long, but the landscape was gorgeous!

Phongsali - Hat sa - dont remmember - 1h

Hat sa - Muang Khoua - 10 500 kip - 5h on a boat.

Muang Khoua - Muang Ngoi - 100 000 kip - 5h - boat

Muang Ngoi - Nong khiaw - 25 000 kip - 1h boat

Nong Khiaw - Sam Neua - 120 000 kip 12h ( We wait for the bus just before the bridge (on the right of the green discovery compagnie) The bus was supposed to arrive around 11h30-12h, its arrive a 1h30. ITs a minibus, A night bus its possible too, but its hard to know when...around 6hpm and midnight !!)

Sam Neua - Vieng Xai - tuk tuk i don't know the price - 1h - We rent a motobike for the day.

Sam Neua - Phonsavan - 80 000 kip - 8h

Phonsavan - Luang Prabang - 110 000 kip - 6h

Luang Prabang - Vang Vieng - 120 000 kip - 8h

Vang Vieng - Vientiane - 45 000 kip - around 4h

(sorry for my bad english)

I Wish you all a nice trip

#1 Posted: 20/12/2012 - 10:01

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sounds like a great trip! We've had a researcher in northern Laos of late, you may find the following two entries interesting:

Travelling by boat to XiengKok

The road to Phongsali.

Cheers!

#2 Posted: 20/12/2012 - 17:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Luang Prabang to Hanoi, need info on bus travel through north east Laos ... By itchyfeet on 10 Nov 2006 4 2912 11 Nov 2006
transport/route info please!! ... By laallee on 19 Aug 2009 2 1054 19 Aug 2009