Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Vientiene to Pakse

Posted by wanderlust12761 on 29/12/2012 at 22:26

Hello Travelers,
I will be heading from VTE to Pakse in about a week and wanted some recent/updated info about the buses (vs. flying?). I've noticed that most of the posts on this topic are at least 2 years old, so I'm wanting to know if things have changed at all in the last 2-5 years. What I gather from reading these is that the VIP buses may be more comfortable than the "sleeper" buses, as one doesn't need to share a bed (I'm traveling alone) and the seats recline nicely. Can anyone comment on this? I'd also like to know: 1) does anyone recommend a particular bus line? 2) (conversely) Are there bus lines I should definitely avoid? 3) Are the roads relatively safe? and 4) Do you know the cost of this trip?
I've looked into flying and could make the trip for US $134; however, I'm trying to keep costs down and would also not mind seeing more of the Laos countryside. Would you recommend the bus over flying?
Thanks for any info you might have for me!!

#1 wanderlust12761 has been a member since 29/12/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.