Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Vientiene to Pakse

• wanderlust1-

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2012

Hello Travelers,
    I will be heading from VTE to Pakse in about a week and wanted some recent/updated info about the buses (vs. flying?). I've noticed that most of the posts on this topic are at least 2 years old, so I'm wanting to know if things have changed at all in the last 2-5 years. What I gather from reading these is that the VIP buses may be more comfortable than the "sleeper" buses, as one doesn't need to share a bed (I'm traveling alone) and the seats recline nicely. Can anyone comment on this? I'd also like to know: 1) does anyone recommend a particular bus line? 2) (conversely) Are there bus lines I should definitely avoid? 3) Are the roads relatively safe? and 4) Do you know the cost of this trip?
    I've looked into flying and could make the trip for US $134; however, I'm trying to keep costs down and would also not mind seeing more of the Laos countryside. Would you recommend the bus over flying?
    Thanks for any info you might have for me!!

#1 Posted: 29/12/2012 - 22:26

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.