Laos forum

Motorcycle in Phonsavan

• thinkstopth-
    ink

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2012
    Location Earth

Hi,

Anyone have an idea roughly what a motorcycle rents for in Phonsavan? Can you get a better deal if you rent for 3-5 days? Searched, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Also, since I'm going to be leaving several days before dawn (before the rental shops are open) has anyone had luck renting the bike for multiple days and returning it at the end (as opposed to every night?)

Thanks!

Jon

#1 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 00:16

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Bike will cost 80,000 per day and you shouldn't have a problem keeping it overnight. Make sure you rent from Lao Falang restaurant. There is one apparently recommended in lonely planet (they advertise this fact) and I had problems with them. The bike was really dangerous and after driving down the road and realising this, I tried to return it. They didn't want to give a refund claiming I should have checked first etc which is understandable in normal transactions. But with a bike of such poor quality, they reallly should be more lenient.

#2 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 02:11

• thinkstopth-
    ink

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2012
    Location Earth

Hey Mooball,

Thanks again for the info. I'm traveling into Laos Friday, so trying to get some last minute budget numbers figure out so I know how much cash to bring.

I wrote down your note from the previous post about Lao Falang. Good info.

Jon

#3 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 02:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.