Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Motorcycle in Phonsavan

Posted by thinkstopthink on 6/2/2013 at 00:16

Hi,

Anyone have an idea roughly what a motorcycle rents for in Phonsavan? Can you get a better deal if you rent for 3-5 days? Searched, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Also, since I'm going to be leaving several days before dawn (before the rental shops are open) has anyone had luck renting the bike for multiple days and returning it at the end (as opposed to every night?)

Thanks!

Jon

#1 thinkstopthink has been a member since 11/12/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 24
 Website   Twitter   Flickr    Google+ 

Posted by mooball on 6/2/2013 at 02:11 TF writer

Bike will cost 80,000 per day and you shouldn't have a problem keeping it overnight. Make sure you rent from Lao Falang restaurant. There is one apparently recommended in lonely planet (they advertise this fact) and I had problems with them. The bike was really dangerous and after driving down the road and realising this, I tried to return it. They didn't want to give a refund claiming I should have checked first etc which is understandable in normal transactions. But with a bike of such poor quality, they reallly should be more lenient.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 429
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by thinkstopthink on 6/2/2013 at 02:17

Hey Mooball,

Thanks again for the info. I'm traveling into Laos Friday, so trying to get some last minute budget numbers figure out so I know how much cash to bring.

I wrote down your note from the previous post about Lao Falang. Good info.

Jon

#3 thinkstopthink has been a member since 11/12/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 24
 Website   Twitter   Flickr    Google+ 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.