Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Decent hostels in Vientiane

• jamesdueeast

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2013

Hey,
    I'm looking for some decent and highly-recommended hostels in Vientiane ? I've heard horrible reviews of Vientiane Backpackers Hostel and Funky Monkey and they seem to be the only ones bookable online. If I can get names and addresses of others recommended, I don't mind finding them once I get there. I'd like to stay for a couple of days where I can get help and info on booking onward trips to places like Tham Kong Lo caves, Dong Phou Vieng and then onward to Pakse. I'm also looking for a decent night's sleep (if that's possible).

#1 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 22:10

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I've heard good things about this place:

http://www.hotelium.com/Hotel/Saysouly_Guest_House.htm

You might want to PM Rufus - he lives out that way.

#2 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 23:39

• svendj

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2010
    Location Belgium
    Places visited:
    At least 32

I've stayed many times in Mixay Guesthouse, as well as Mixay hotel (rue francois ngin). never had any complaints about it. it's on 'Rue Nokeokoummane' and there are some other guesthouses around that area as well that's I've found really good.
    hope it helps.

#3 Posted: 26/2/2013 - 04:00

• JaiYen88

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

Saysouly is pretty decent, one or two of the staff can be a bit temperamental but the rooms are clean, beds very comfy, price reasonable and location is great. That being said, the street Saysouly is on has a number of other places that might be just as good for the same price or less, but I can't really say cos I was too lazy to look around!

And if it's sleep you're looking for, Vientiane is the place for it! Nothing much going on after midnight, although I did end up at a nightclub on the 5th floor of a hotel once, can't remember the name or where it is though! Try the Belgian beer bar on the riverside some Europeans who live there and they may invite you to join them for a late one somewhere... ;)

#4 Posted: 27/2/2013 - 18:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Any guesthouse in Vientiane with decent wifi? ... By wifiman on 26 Mar 2012 0 870 26 Mar 2012