Flag of Laos

Laos forum

South Laos in July

• Sissi71

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2013

Hello everybody,

After visiting Angkor I will fly to Pakse and would like to visit the south and Boloven by my own. I have several questions :

Is it possible to get a visa at Pakse airport ?

What about the weather in July in this part of the country ? Does it frequently rain ? or is it a downpour time to time ?

I would like to rent a motorbike and visit myself. Do I need an international licence ? are the road pretty good even
    when it is wet ?

Thank you for all your comments.

#1 Posted: 6/4/2013 - 02:38

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Visa on arrival at Pakse airport yes

July is mid rainy season, but actual weather is unpredictable. Could rain cats and dogs, could be sunny and hot. Rains tend to arrive late-day in hard short bursts, but no guarantees. The river will be running high and waterfalls at their peak.

Technically you need an IDP to rent/ride a motorbike, but no one checks. I've rented plenty of times in Laos and never asked to show a license. When cops have stopped me they asked to see my passport. Just don't crash.

#2 Posted: 6/4/2013 - 10:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.