Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Any info on one way bike rentals?

• odo

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2012

Well, the bus journeys from Vientiane - Vang Vieng - Luang Prabang sound like a bit of a drag. Is it possible, or even advisable to rent a motorbike for one way trips on either or both of the 2 legs? (December)

#1 Posted: 30/9/2013 - 16:11

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

I don't know if it is offered, I personally would just take the bus. That road is fairly windy in places and the buses and other vehicles fly through there so you would have to be careful if you did it.

I would just wait and rent a motorbike in Luang Prabang, it is quite a nice ride to go down to Kuang Si Falls and there are other places to go check out as well. In Vang Vieng there is also an expat who offers dirt bike riding, I was going to go try it out but I ended up skipping Vang Vieng due to Dengue Fever... You can find his info on tripadvisor if interested.

#2 Posted: 30/9/2013 - 16:17

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Contact http://www.bike-rental-laos.com
    or read through this thread (note some of it is outdated)
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/25440-Motorcycle-Rental-in-Laos

It will probably cost about $35/day for a decent 200cc+ bike and another $50 for one-way drop-off. I've done the ride a few times and it's just great having your own wheels, and most of the way traffic is light. Get out of Vientiane and it's chill time.

#3 Posted: 1/10/2013 - 02:38

• odo

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2012

Thanks for the links Cpt. Bob. I will give it some thought.

Geer did you skip VV because you had Dengue or because there was an outbreak there at the time?

#4 Posted: 4/10/2013 - 03:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.