Flag of Laos

Laos forum

receiving international calls on lao sim

• jennie2102

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2013

Having issues with my UK bank that cant be resolved via email. I need to speak to them but dont see why I should pay to call them. I have a unitel Lao sim. Does anyone know if I can receive their incoming call for free? I've looked on the website and cant find the information.failing that the bank have told me to make a reverse charge call but this doesn't appear to be an option in Laos.. Is this correct?

#1 Posted: 31/10/2013 - 19:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yes as far as I know reverse charge call not possible from Laos - surely they can call you on your Lao sim?

#2 Posted: 1/11/2013 - 08:04

• jennie2102

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2013

You've slightly misunderstood my question. I want to know if I can receive incoming international calls on my Lao sim for free! In the UK, we are charged to receive calls from outside of the UK. I wondered if it is the same here.

#3 Posted: 1/11/2013 - 09:36

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ahhh, I don't know - I've never noticed that happening anywhere in Asia - you get charged to receive a call in the UK? How bizarre!

So, my answer is I don't know for sure, but my guess is probably not. :-)

#4 Posted: 1/11/2013 - 17:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.