Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Travel during April May

• Kriztofire

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2013

I'm going on a six week tour of thialand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos in April/May next year. Most of the web says this is the worst time to go. Can anyone share their experience and advice on traveling during this time?

Can it be that bad??

#1 Posted: 3/11/2013 - 04:46

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

My first tour of SE Asia was during this period and done again a few times since. It's the hottest time of year and the air can also be hazy and polluted from farmers burning their fields in preparation for eventual rain season planting. Still it doesn't stop many travelers from visiting the region, so how do you feel about 40C/110F temperatures and some smog and late afternoon red "sunsets"? Take measures to keep cool - seek shade, walk slowly, don't hurry, take a break in peak afternoon heat, make the most of early mornings and evenings, drink tons of water, etc.

#2 Posted: 3/11/2013 - 23:55

• telmi

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2013

Yeah it's hot and hazy - head for the hills where the temps are lower and the nights are cool.

#3 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 01:35

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

April May will not be hazy - this is January, Febuary - but it will be very hot; this is the hottest time of the year. I would avoid it if possible.

#4 Posted: 5/11/2013 - 00:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.