I'm somtam2000 and I'll be moderating the Travelfish travel board. I'm here to answer all your questions -- or at least the ones I know the answer to -- as for those that are mysteries to me, perhaps other Travelfish members will be able to answer.
You'll see you need to be a member to post a new question or answer an existing one, but if you're already a Travelfish member, you don't need to join again. Your existing login works just fine.
A few of general pointers;
1) I do have to sleep every now and then, so please don't always expect an answer straight away -- if you don't agree with an answer I provide, please feel free to correct me!
2) Please be nice to other members -- let's try and keep it civil.
3) Spamming is a no no. Spammers will be smacked and thrown out quick smart.
4) You are welcome to add a link to your own site -- as long as you have a link to Travelfish on the homepage of your site
5) Please don't cross-post (post the same question in more than one branch) -- pick the most appropriate branch and use that one.
6) Please don't post your email, asking for people to contact you directly
And a note to guesthouse and hotel owners, travel agents and pretty much anyone else who wants to try to sneakily promote their business on the Travelfish messageboard:
Do NOT recommend your business while pretending to be a pleased customer or guest.
In cases where we believe this is happening, you will be banned and your business will be purged from this site, never to return! There are no warnings or second chances in this regard -- you have been warned.
If you want to profile your business on Travelfish, there are three free options:
a) Wait for us to find and review you.
b) Add your place to the additions thread for whichever relevant country.
c) Add your website address in your signature field and make helpful (ie not self-promotional) posts on the messageboard -- note you must have a link back to Travelfish from your home page to do this.
Kop jai lai lai,
I'm just back from a wonderful three week trip to Laos. I used the site a lot to plan and everything went just fab so thank you very much. The hotel and guesthouse reviews were most especially helpful and also right on target.
As for Sam Neua and Houaphan, without your encouragement I might not have gone and really it was the highlight of my whole adventure.
Can't wait to go back.
#2 aemilys has been a member since 14/9/2005. Posts: 4
Hey aemilys - thanks so much! Glad you found the site helpful!
If it tickles your fancy, there's always the Trip reports section where you can let others know about what you did.
Particularly glad to hear you enjoyed Sam Neua -- a fascinating part of the country indeed.
This discussion has been locked by a moderator.