• Laos
  • Is this crazy - Vientiane to Don Det in 4 days via Kong Lo and Champasek
  • genya

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 11

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and it looks great - I've been on Lonely Planet for years but no-one answered this question, I hope you guys can help.

I've been scanning my guide book and this plan looks possible, but then the guide book is rather confused over bus times so who knows.

Day 1 - leave Vientiane early and travel to Kong Lo caves, sleep at caves
    Day 2 - visit caves, then travel to Tha Khaek, sleep Tha Khaek
    Day 3 - VIP bus to Pakse and then onwards bus to Champasek, sleep Champasek
    Day 4 - get up early and visit temple, travel on to Don Det, sleep Don Det

If this is possible and specific advice on buses and times would be great and how to travel the 8 km to the temple?

I really want to see both the Cave and temple on the way so other suggestions are very welcome. I have done some crazy journeys before which people told me weren't possible, but I will have my big bag with me.

If there is some kind of mini tour that takes you from Pakse to Don Det via Champasek that would be great but I couldn't find any.

Thanks everyone

#1 Posted: 6/8/2014 - 15:33

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
25 days in SE Asia - Is this crazy? ... By carlally on 5 Jun 2013 1 849 5 Jun 2013