Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

boat from Luang Prabang to Thai border

Posted by stevebeag on 20/10/2007 at 22:48

Hi
I'm trying to find information about the boat trip from LP to the border. I am interested in obtaining info for either a 1 or 2 day trip. What days of the week do they leave and any idea of costs etc

Regards

#1 stevebeag has been a member since 20/10/2007. Posts: 1

Posted by ionaman on 21/10/2007 at 19:44

hi,

some advice, take the slow boat. we took the fast boat from the border to LP and happy to be alive. it broke down and slow boat got there b4 us.

friends of ours got the slow boat and enjoyed it but bring a cussion either way as your ass will be sore as hell!

later

#2 ionaman has been a member since 21/10/2007. Posts: 12

Posted by princessdisaster on 23/10/2007 at 11:12

take food - some of the boats don't have any, also (and I'm sure it's only me that's this silly) don't leave anything of value in you backpack in the cargo hold even if you have locked it.

Fav quote from the Laos Tourist Police "Mmm I think maybe, your fault"

#3 princessdisaster has been a member since 30/11/2006. Posts: 36

Posted by ich40 on 25/10/2007 at 18:18

Hi,
i just got a mail from adisak.star@googlemail.com
The Nagi of Mekong is leaving Luang Prabang Mondays and Thursdays. Its a 2 days cruise and arrives in Thailand at around 5pm the day after. Cost is 3000 THB without accomodation in Pakbeng. Includes 2 lunch and drinks..hope that helps...

#4 ich40 has been a member since 16/10/2007. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.