Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Bus Transportation Schedule

• tcseong9

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2007

Would like to get some info in bus travel schedule between Vientiane, Luang Prabang & Phonsavan.
    Also, is there any night travel bus between these towns and is it advisable to travel with it??
    Cheers,
    Gavius

#1 Posted: 18/11/2007 - 16:42

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Gavius,

I'm not sure this is the right place for this post, but I'll try to help anyway as best I can.

Most buses in Laos depart fairly early in the morning and from what I've seen, most people only book their ticket a day or two in advance if even that far. You should be able to get any guesthouse or travel agent to help you sort out the specifics once you arrive in Laos.

I'm not aware of any night bus travel between those places and given the terrain and the conditions of the roads I absolutely would not recommend taking a night bus. If time is an issue, look into flying part of the way instead. Regards.

#2 Posted: 19/11/2007 - 06:05

• somsai

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2006
    Location United States

If you copy and paste this
    http://lao-bus-time-table.blogspot.com/
    onto your browser there is a fairly good schedule.
    As you can see many departures at different times of day Luang Prabang to Vientiane. Also many night busses on that route due to origination further north, but not in reverse. I've taken them often as a way to bypass Luang Prabang which I don't care for. Also it turns a long 2 or 3 day trip to or from the north into one long one.

To buy a ticket, go to the station and hour or more early.

#3 Posted: 26/3/2008 - 06:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.