Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Accomodation arrangement in March

• shumium

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 4

My husband and I am planning to visit Luang Prabang/Vang Vieng/Vientiane in March 2008. Will there be a lot of travellers during that period? Do I have to make advance accomodation booking beforehand? We are planning to join the trekking tour in Luang Prabang and that's I don't want to book any rooms right now.

#1 Posted: 28/12/2007 - 14:31

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Shumium,

You should be fine without reservations. Typically you'll only need reservations during the very peak travel periods, like around New Year's Eve or the Songkran holiday in mid-April. Other than that, you should be okay without, although sometimes I like to book the first night in a new country in advance, just so I don't have to worry if my flights are significantly delayed. But the places you'll be visiting have heaps of rooms.

There are two feature articles on Travelfish you might like to read for additional details and suggestions on exactly your questions. They are the Accommodation Guide for Luang Prabang and another article on Reservations for your Holiday. Good reads.

Have fun. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 28/12/2007 - 23:06

• shumium

Joined Travelfish
    28th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 4

Hi exacto,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. We will definitely book the first couple of nights there in advance. Since we will be going there in March, does it mean we will miss out on the waterfalls or kayaking/tubing experience due to low water level? Will there be less trekking tours available since it is not the peak travel months?

Thanks again.

#3 Posted: 29/12/2007 - 02:46

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

For trekking you should be fine, but some of the waterfalls will be lower because you're there at the tail end of dry season.

#4 Posted: 29/12/2007 - 09:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.